12.10.09

Meet B

So hi. This being my first blog and all, and me being a mysterious blonde at the keyboard (I'll give you that much), we have much to talk about to get acquainted, I'd say. My best friend and I being young, beautiful and sometimes bored girls have found something to keep ourselves busy lately and this has resulted in the fabulous CMB. Though the official kick off date hasn't happened yet, I can say for one that I am Pumped. Capital P indeed. Yes everyone is always looking for the newest and hottest thing to keep themselves entertained with, but this doesn't have to turn all 'flavor of the week'.

I for one would love to be in New York right now, or some amazing place in Europe listening to all the kinds of music I have not yet had the chance to hear. This is what CMB is about. This is our own fair city after all, with all it's undiscovered gems. It's the chance to hear something amazing and real that a person possibly from the same city as you, possibly sitting on the train near you, possibly in front of you in line for a coffee at Tim's, constructed with their own sheer, raw talent. And let me tell you something about talent, everyone knows when something is real. For me, an amazing singer gives me goosebumps every time. Seriously every time. I'd say it mostly happens when I listen to live music; feel someone pouring themselves out to me, a complete stranger and feel completely honored that they trust me so.

I'd say a certain type of individual loves local music- the heroic type. A person that has maybe been in that position previously; wishes they would have the courage to be, or just loves believing in people who don't give up their dream of becoming the rock star. No, not for the fame but for the music, for the people. Someone who doesn't punk out and get a job in some corporation doing seemingly mindless tasks, while wishing for that one person that would take the change to listen to what you have to say. Well I'd just like to say CMB is listening, so go on pour your heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment